I Have A Plan!
And it is a sensible one! Go figure?!
So, I finally admitted to myself that being a terrorist hunter is probably not the most sensible plan to have for myself. My plan was to just go to law school, and then get to work for the government. If that plan failed, I would just practice law. This plan proved to have many flaws.
-Flaw number 1, law school. Ok, so I did really well on the LSAT, so I was pumped, but I realized that I would probably hate myself, as well as everyone who I would know by the time I finish 3 years of law school. I know that I could do it, but for my own sanity, I decided that law school is probably not something I want to do.
-Flaw number 2, terrorist hunting. Yeah, not so conducive for someone who would like to be a mother. Plus, my mom was always terrified for my safety in this idea. Also, try explaining to a guy when you are on a first date with him that you want to hunt terrorists. Typically, guys think it’s a cool idea, but most guys don’t want their significant other/wife to be more macho than they are.
-Flaw number 3, law schools overshot the job outlook for lawyers upon completing a JD, and now there are many great lawyers who do not have a job because there are more lawyers than there are jobs to be filled by said lawyers.
Do you see the problems with this plan? Yeah, not so good.
New plan!
I will graduate this year (yay!), and upon graduating, I will shortly start a master’s program in something like organizational leadership or administrative leadership. Something broad, yet marketable. While working on my master degree, Ideally, I would get a job as something like a student advisor at a college. My plan then, is to become a professor once I get my master degree. At this point, I would hope that I would be married, and planning for/starting a family. I would work for a while as a professor, loving life with my cute family, and working on a PhD in educational leadership or higher education. Once my children get older, I would use my PhD to become something like a dean of students, or maybe even the president of a university. See, this plan is much more practical than hunting terrorists. It’s the first time that I have an idea for my future that I feel completely at peace with the idea, and it is also mother-approved.
So, I finally admitted to myself that being a terrorist hunter is probably not the most sensible plan to have for myself. My plan was to just go to law school, and then get to work for the government. If that plan failed, I would just practice law. This plan proved to have many flaws.
-Flaw number 1, law school. Ok, so I did really well on the LSAT, so I was pumped, but I realized that I would probably hate myself, as well as everyone who I would know by the time I finish 3 years of law school. I know that I could do it, but for my own sanity, I decided that law school is probably not something I want to do.
-Flaw number 2, terrorist hunting. Yeah, not so conducive for someone who would like to be a mother. Plus, my mom was always terrified for my safety in this idea. Also, try explaining to a guy when you are on a first date with him that you want to hunt terrorists. Typically, guys think it’s a cool idea, but most guys don’t want their significant other/wife to be more macho than they are.
-Flaw number 3, law schools overshot the job outlook for lawyers upon completing a JD, and now there are many great lawyers who do not have a job because there are more lawyers than there are jobs to be filled by said lawyers.
Do you see the problems with this plan? Yeah, not so good.
New plan!
I will graduate this year (yay!), and upon graduating, I will shortly start a master’s program in something like organizational leadership or administrative leadership. Something broad, yet marketable. While working on my master degree, Ideally, I would get a job as something like a student advisor at a college. My plan then, is to become a professor once I get my master degree. At this point, I would hope that I would be married, and planning for/starting a family. I would work for a while as a professor, loving life with my cute family, and working on a PhD in educational leadership or higher education. Once my children get older, I would use my PhD to become something like a dean of students, or maybe even the president of a university. See, this plan is much more practical than hunting terrorists. It’s the first time that I have an idea for my future that I feel completely at peace with the idea, and it is also mother-approved.
Bring It!

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home