Got Me Beggin For Summer
As of yesterday, I am exactly one month away from walking across the stage in my last little excitement as an undergrad. I can't put into words how liberating, yet absolutely frightening that thought is. School has been something that just seemed natural to me for a while. I have really enjoyed college, and soon I will actually have to become a contributing member of society. Ha! I'm excited, but really I just want summer to get here. I love summers in Utah. Granted, I will be spending the first month of my summer traveling to Israel, Jordan, Cyprus, and Europe, I will be back by mid-late June. Just in time for all the excitement! Why am I so stoked on summers here, you ask? Well, let me tell ya...
1. Hiking. Utah has the best trails.
2. Moonlight lifts at Sundance. So fun and romantic.
3. Seven Peaks. I buy the pass of all passes each year. Super cheap, yet fun way to fill a summer day.
4. Picnics. I love going on picnics around town and in the mountains.
5. Twilight Concert Series. Who doesn't love free concerts every Thursday in July and August?
6. Movies in the park. Provo city puts on free movie nights every Monday during the summer at Rock Canyon Park. They are all good, family films.
7. Ziplining. Clas Ropes Course has some steep discounts during the summer for ziplining adventures.
8. Golf. Love it. Ready for it.
9. Bonfires. Whether it;s a beach bonfire on Utah Lake or up the canyon, bonfires are a summer staple.
10. Rodeos. I have yet to go to one in Utah, but that is going to chance this summer!
11. State Fair. I love the fair! Can't wait for it :)
12. Mona Rope Swing. Swinging into a lake. Need I say more?
13. Camping. Maybe in Southern Utah? Maybe up here? Either way, I bought a dutch oven, so I'm ready!
14. Kite flying. On days that are a little more windy, I like to hit up WalGreens and buy a kite, then head to a park.
15. Stadium of Fire. One of the best 4th of July events in the country! Great music and great display!
16. BBQ, we had a BBQ club the last two summers. How awesome?
17. Ice blocking. I feel like this is a big thing in the Mormon world. We're goofy people.
18. Orem Owls. On the Seven Peaks Pass of All Passes, you get free entry into all the baseball games. Fun!
19. Real Salt Lake. Already had a few games, but I have my season tickets, and I am ready for this summer!
20. Hogle Zoo. I love walking around the zoo on a warm day.
21. Longboarding. I'm not good, but I have fun with it.
22. Floating the Provo River. You can get dinged up a bit, but it's so worth it!
There's other things to do, but it is late, and I have been less than productive tonight. Clearly though, you can see, there are definitely worse places to be spending your summer than in Provo :)
1. Hiking. Utah has the best trails.
2. Moonlight lifts at Sundance. So fun and romantic.
3. Seven Peaks. I buy the pass of all passes each year. Super cheap, yet fun way to fill a summer day.
4. Picnics. I love going on picnics around town and in the mountains.
5. Twilight Concert Series. Who doesn't love free concerts every Thursday in July and August?
6. Movies in the park. Provo city puts on free movie nights every Monday during the summer at Rock Canyon Park. They are all good, family films.
7. Ziplining. Clas Ropes Course has some steep discounts during the summer for ziplining adventures.
8. Golf. Love it. Ready for it.
9. Bonfires. Whether it;s a beach bonfire on Utah Lake or up the canyon, bonfires are a summer staple.
10. Rodeos. I have yet to go to one in Utah, but that is going to chance this summer!
11. State Fair. I love the fair! Can't wait for it :)
12. Mona Rope Swing. Swinging into a lake. Need I say more?
13. Camping. Maybe in Southern Utah? Maybe up here? Either way, I bought a dutch oven, so I'm ready!
14. Kite flying. On days that are a little more windy, I like to hit up WalGreens and buy a kite, then head to a park.
15. Stadium of Fire. One of the best 4th of July events in the country! Great music and great display!
16. BBQ, we had a BBQ club the last two summers. How awesome?
17. Ice blocking. I feel like this is a big thing in the Mormon world. We're goofy people.
18. Orem Owls. On the Seven Peaks Pass of All Passes, you get free entry into all the baseball games. Fun!
19. Real Salt Lake. Already had a few games, but I have my season tickets, and I am ready for this summer!
20. Hogle Zoo. I love walking around the zoo on a warm day.
21. Longboarding. I'm not good, but I have fun with it.
22. Floating the Provo River. You can get dinged up a bit, but it's so worth it!
There's other things to do, but it is late, and I have been less than productive tonight. Clearly though, you can see, there are definitely worse places to be spending your summer than in Provo :)

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home