Wednesday, June 13, 2012

Annoying Things That Happen On Facebook

I was recently confronted about my lack of blogging lately. Apparently there are people who enjoy reading my blogs where all I do is rant about insignificant crap. Anyway, on an unrelated topic than what these people like having me write about (dating, boys, ect.), I am writing about annoying things that happen on Facebook. I find it funny how sensitive we have become to what happens on our Facebooks. It really makes me laugh. Here are some of the things that I find really humorous.

1. People who complain about how crappy the place is where they live, how everyone around them is close-minded, how they have the worst roommates in the world, blah blah blah. I really hate the Facebook whining. Nobody cares about how crappy your life is. You have food in yo belly, a roof over yo head, clothes on yo back, and a bed to sleep in. You're doing better than the majority of the world.

2. People who deactivate their accounts. Stop it! We all know you are just doing it for attention. You will be back soon, so why bother?

3. Overly political posters. I'm cool with witty political cartoons every once in a while or the occasional "hoo-rah!" shout out for your fav candidate, but when I scroll on your page, and everything is political, I want to hurl. I clicked on your page so I could see what you are up to these days, not to have FOX, CNN, ABC, or any other news station be thrown up all over my computer screen.

4. People who add you simply because you have a lot of mutual friends. Guess what? I have about 1,200 friends, there are probably a lot of people who I have tons of mutual friends with, but if I don't know you, you get to sit in my friend request box for time and all eternity.

5. Bragging posters. Stop posting about how you just dropped four grand at Nordstrom's. Guess what? Nobody cares! You just sound like a brat. And posting tons of pics of your new purse, shoes or car, doesn't make you gain friends. Which leads me to number 6...

6. People who post cars as their profile pic. Really annoying. You are not a transformer. Stop it. On the same note, you are not a landscape, a Disney character, or a really cute baby lion. Put a pic of yourself up, or else we all assume you are just ugly and embarrassed.

7. People who go from "single" to "engaged" without ever being "in a relationship". Pretty much this only happens in the Mormon world, but people, come on! You doing that, makes us look like freaks to the outside world. Like we marry people we don't even know.

8. People who flip out because their friend count went from 847 to 846. If you can't tell who deleted you, chances are, they aren't worth having on your Facebook list anyway.

9.Make out pictures. Stop it! We already see enough PDA walking through campus or at the movie theatre, we don't need to see all of your pictures that you post being of you and your significant other making out.

10. People who post about things that they don't know or care about, simply because everyone else who does know and care about it are doing it. Don't get me wrong, respecting what is going on around you is fine, but when you post about how "the world will miss one of the greatest artists of all time" when Etta James died, and you had to ask before making that post who she is, you look stupid.

Those are the (my) top ten most annoying things that people do on Facebook. Hopefully I didn't offend anyone too bad, but if I did, I'm not really sorry. Beauty of America is the freedom of expression.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home